Guiding for Walk London
I'm a freelance, qualifed City of London and City of Westminster Tour Guide. I mainly lead bespoke walking tours, which are custom made for private groups, and occassionally I lead public tours as well.
I've spent most of my adult life living and working in London and my deep affection for London goes back to frequent trips here as a child. In particular I enjoy exploring London's hidden treasures, its less well know places and discovering its history and anecdotal stories that don't feature in regular guidebooks.
In 2009 I qualifed as a City of London Guide tour guide and and founded my own walking tour company Guided Walks In London. Then in 2011, I also qualifed as a Westminster Guide.
Most of my guiding work is leading bespoke tours for corporate clients, clubs and indivdual groups. If you're considering booking a tour please take a look at my Guiding CV and contact me to discuss your guiding requirements.
A PDF version of my CV is available for downloading here.
Medical History Tour for Centre of the Cell
GUIDING CV (WEB VERSION)
- Experienced and qualified tour guide focusing on the heritage sector.
- Researching, planning and conducting walking tours in London.
- Creating and delivering talks for associations and historical societies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills gained through over 20 years experience of working in local government.
- City of Westminster Tour Guide - University of Westminster (2011)
- City of London Tour Guide - City University (2009)
- Freelance Tour Guide and Owner, Guided Walks in London
Guided Walks in London was established in 2009
- Bespoke walking tours for:
Corporate clients, organisations, clubs, associations and indvidual groups
- Bespoke public walking tours commissioned by:
Baker Street Quarter Partnership
Barts Pathology Museum
Cavell Nurses' Trust
Centre of the Cell
City of London Guide Lecturers Association
City of London Corporation
City of Westminster Guide Lecturers Association
City of Westminster Libraries
English Tourism Week
Friends of the City Churches
Lord Mayor's Show
Walk London (for Transport for London)
London's social history and architecture, afternoon tea and travel. Member of City of London Guide Lecturers Association, City of Westminster Guide Lecturers Association, Friends of the City Churches and Friends of the Watts Memorial and volunteer at Barts Pathology Museum.
Where it all Began - My 1st Guided Tour which was for Open House in 2009